The Ultimate Guide In Buying the Right Trimmer
Are you looking through a long and confusing list of bud trimming machines in the market? There are things you must consider first in order to not to get overwhelmed and end up disappointed in buying the one with little use for your needs. Whether you are a passionate arborist by profession or by hobby, you need to get the right tools and equipment in planting, growing, harvesting, and for maintenance in between the seasons. A bud trimmer or leaf cutter is a weed grower’s or planter’s best friend and you probably enjoy its use to the fullest each time you use it. But depending on your needs , a simple bud trimming by hand may not be enough to do the job when you talk about availability of produce quality, time, and acres of land that needs trimming. Let this bud trimmer reviews be your guide in getting the right machine to suit your needs.
- 1 The Ultimate Guide In Buying the Right Trimmer
- 1.1 Top 8 Trimmers
- 1.2 Bud Trimmer Reviews : An Overview
- 1.3 Classification of Bud Trimmer Machines and Comparison
- 1.3.1 Manual Bud Trimmer Reviews
- 1.3.2 Automatic Bud Trimmer Reviews
- 220.127.116.11 Speedee Trim Butterfly Cordless Bud Trimmer
- 18.104.22.168 Trim’r Matic Electric Hand Held Bud Trimmer
- 22.214.171.124 The Magic™ Trimmer Bud Trimmer
- 126.96.36.199 CO-Z Professional Automatic Bud Trimmer
- 1.3.3 Industrial Bud Trimmer Reviews
- 1.4 Traditional Methods vs Bud Trimmer Machines: Which is the Better Choice
- 1.5 Bud Trimmer Reviews: The Verdict
Top 8 Trimmers
|Grow1 Titanium Trimming Scissors, 3 1/4” Straight Blade||Buy From Amazon|
|iPower 16” Bowl Bud Trimmer w/ Clear Top||Buy From Amazon|
|Speedee Trim Butterfly Cordless Bud Trimmer||Buy From Amazon|
|Trim’r Matic Electric Hand Held Bud Trimmer||Buy From Amazon|
|The Magic™ Trimmer Bud Trimmer||Buy From Amazon|
|CO-Z Professional Automatic Bud Trimmer||Buy From Amazon|
|The Triminator – Industrial Trimmer System||Buy From Amazon|
|TrimIt Dry 5000 Dry Bud Trimmer||Buy From Amazon|
Why Getting the Right Bud Trimmer Machines is Important?
Trimming is one of the processes best involved and showcased in the Japanese art of Bonsai. The delicateness of the buds must be handled with professional hands or a tool which can trim leaves like a professional could for its value. But if you’re going to ask which bud trimmer is the best, the answer depends on your needs with consideration to several factors affecting your operation such as:
- Total number of plants
- Total land area
- Purpose of operation
If you’re going to think this through, your needs for a bud trimmer would dramatically change when you consider the above factors. Growing 5 to 10 plants may still be easy to manicure compared to a thousand plants or more. The same goes for the total land area where your precious cannabis are planted. Trimming your buds for personal and recreational use is different when you trim them for trade, oil, edibles, and making concentrates. You can trim them anytime you want at your own pace but you need a more efficient and faster approach when you have a deadline to meet and volumes of buds to deliver.
Is it Necessary to Look for Bud Trimmer Machines?
A big smoking yes! A newbie may not realize the importance of trimming but a seasoned planter knows how vital trimming is at the end of harvest season. The traditional method of trimming works great but you need to find the right bud trimmer machines available in the market depending on the factors mentioned above to suit your needs. How does a bud trimmer benefits you?
- Manageable task – Bud trimmers make the task more manageable for both small time and big time growers.
- Cost Effective – it is wiser to get one equipment for trimming than hire a team of professional trimmers especially for harvesting large crops on a daily basis.
- Smoothness in leaves – One of the great characteristics of a good quality in harvest is smoothness when you smoke weed. You don’t want an unattractive unsmooth leaves, do you? Smoking weed with untrimmed buds is harmful to the lungs. You will notice the harshness or strict feeling on the throat because smoothness is lacking.
- Time saver – Bud trimmer machines can cut trimming time by more than 50% compared to trimming by hands.
- Great investment – Whether you plan on growing weeds on a smaller scale or a fairly larger operation, you can get the best value for your money when you invest in a bud trimmer.
- Appealing look – Marketing your weed online would require an extra push. People will be more interested to look at clear and trimmed marijuana images compared to images that looks like it’s still on the ground.
- Budget-friendly – Bud trimmer machines come in different types, designs, purpose of use, and prices. You will always have something that fits your budget perfectly.
Bud Trimmer Reviews : An Overview
Managing your bud crops can be daunting if you don’t have the enough help or the right tool during harvest time. There is no doubt that you need a bud trimmer after careful consideration of all the benefits you can get. But how will you know what type of machine do you need? There are things you have to consider first before searching for any product in the market. Aside careful consideration on the total number of plants, land area, purpose of operation, time, and budget, you must also consider future needs when planning for expansion of your hobby or thriving business. Reading online about bud trimmer reviews is one of the steps you must also take prior to buying one. These will give you a broader understanding on factors which you may have missed or misunderstood while searching for a bud trimmer machine.
Classification of Bud Trimmer Machines and Comparison
The competition is high among bud trimmer machines manufacturers especially nowadays when more states in the USA and other countries around the world are legalizing the use of recreational and medical marijuana. This makes it harder to decide on what is “the best” among the brands and bud trimmers available in the market. To give you more knowledge, bud trimmer machines are classified into 3 kinds: Manual, Automatic, and Industrial/Commercial.
- Manual Bud Trimmer Machines – Manual bud trimming machines require manual trimming with the use of your hands and helpful tools. Shear bud trimmer and bud bowl trimmer are preferred by small scale growers because of its light, small, ergonomic, and easy storage design when managing minimal plants. The price is way low compared to the other kinds of bud trimmer machines. Every grower has a manual bud trimmer hanging or hidden somewhere in the working area or tool and equipment box. This is a basic necessity for weed growers because they can come very handy in case something would go wrong with automatic machines.
- Automatic Bud Trimmer Machines – Automatic or electronic bud trimmers are operated either by rechargeable battery or electricity. These are designed for ease of use and cutting trimming time by a huge percent. Unlike manual trimmers, your hands will be busy doing other things besides trimming. Compared to manual trimmers, automatic trimmers can trim more in quantity.
- Industrial Bud Trimmer Machines – larger scale operation of weed growing needs a powerful machine a hundred times over an automatic or manual bud trimmer. Although these trimmers are relatively high, these are designed for heavy and time constrained uses in bud trimming. The task of trimming becomes effortless as you save time, effort, and money from hiring additional hands or doing the trimming with your own hands. These are widely used by growers for commercial purposes where on bulk orders and on-time deliveries are crucial.
Now that you know your choices on what kind of bud trimmer machines are available for you, you can narrow down your list of requirements. Now to compare brands and products belonging in the same classification, here are some popular picks among weed growers you might want to check out.
Manual Bud Trimmer Reviews
Precision in bud manual trimming requires trimmers that remove leaves and stems with accuracy and at the same time able to trim in volume considering its limits.
Grow1 Titanium Trimming Scissors, 3 1/4” Straight Blade
The impressive 3.25 inch micro blade of this scissors is made of durable stainless-steel and coated with titanium. It features a fully recessed handle with spring mechanism that leaves no worries for possible fall out.
- very versatile
- reliable manual bud trimmer
- trims with precision
- great design
- hand held
- great trimmer for recreational purpose
- slow trimming speed
- good for small harvests only
- hands are subjected to pain, cramps, and blisters
- manual labor
Here is a quick video on how to clean your Scissors
iPower 16” Bowl Bud Trimmer w/ Clear Top
Let your hands rest from trimming and use this budget-friendly bowl trimmer. Attached to the 1 unit is the strength of thirty (30) scissors with (1) straight high quality stainless-steel blade. The elegant glass lid provides window on the action inside as the powerful trimmers work like a tiny lawn mower and cutting the twigs and removing the leaves. Rotating the handle is easy with a clockwise and counterclockwise movement. The easy storage design and cleaning comes with a removable lid and grill.
- Table top bud trimmer
- Elegant design glass lid
- Easy clean up
- Powerful trimmers in 1 unit
- Superior speed
- 18 inches in diameter for a bigger load
- No hand snipping
- Manageable speed
- Good value for money
- Clockwise and counterclockwise movement
- Manual spinning
- Makes a soft squeaking sound when spun fast
Automatic Bud Trimmer Reviews
Electric operated bud trimmer machines are the most popular in the ever growing market of weed growers. These products gives you perfect speed of trimming machine with your hands’ precision.
Speedee Trim Butterfly Cordless Bud Trimmer
This cordless automatic bud trimmer are compact in size but big in performance since it can trim weed of about 2 lbs. in just an hour. The removable and rechargeable battery uses 120 voltage AC outlet. You can greatly save on money and time with this. Why trim manually when you can hold the same without exerting an effort except holding it? the Butterfly model comes with 1 cordless motor, 1 removable battery, 1 charger, 1 butterfly blade(wet trim), and 1 blade scrubber (box).
This cordless bud trimmer from Speedee also comes in different blades like Piranha for dry trim, Pammerhead and Sabertooth for wet trim. All comes with a corded and cordless versions and carries 1 full year of warranty.
- Hand held
- Weighs 1.21 lbs.
- 1 hour and 20 minutes run time
- Warranted for 1 year
- Trims 2 lbs. in 1 hour
- Easy to clean
- Excellent precision
- Rechargeable and removable battery
- Comes in corded version
- 2 hours of battery recharging
Trim’r Matic Electric Hand Held Bud Trimmer
Trim’r Matic bud trimmer cuts with triple precision resulting to more output in less time without compromising the quality. Although hand-held, trimming is easy and precise each time you push the button and watch your hand move while the cutter does its work with 12 cuts in every second. The 2.6 lbs. trimmer comes in a complete package consisting of 1 hard case, 1 speed dial, 1 power cord, 1 oil pen.
- Hand held
- Excellent speed of 12 cuts in every second
- Excellent precision
- No recharging required
- More output
- Small to medium operation
- Hard case protected
- Hand control and concentration required
- Gloves are recommended when using this trimmer
- Emits a whirring sound may require you to wear earbuds
The Magic™ Trimmer Bud Trimmer
Buying the Magic™ Trimmer will yield a good return of investment each harvest time. This is one of the bestsellers in the market today because of its design built for safety, speed, and efficient trimming. You cannot get any better offer than that on top of a very affordable price and portability. It’s a guaranteed fast and safe trimming and a job done right with 33,000 r in a minute. Uses 110 AC outlet, 5060 Hz., and weighs about 2.5 lbs. Warranted for one year.
- Good for wet and dry trim
- 1 yr. warranty
- Lightweight and portable
- Excellent precision
- Hand held
- Good for small and medium growers
- Safe design
- Excellent trimming speed of 33,000 r in a minute
- High volume output
- Hand control and concentration required
- Small grows only
CO-Z Professional Automatic Bud Trimmer
If you’re in for a budget of around $280.00-$290.00, then this automatic is the one for you. The table design is tilted at 180 degrees allowing its users for an easy cleaning after use. The 3-speed blade setting delivers better cuts. The safety features of CO-Z Professional is impeccable because you can open its emptying hatch simultaneously while using the trimmer. This means you can get the job done fast without worrying for motor maintenance. It is ideal for medium size operations.
- Clean up is easy
- Cost effective
- Time saver
- Maintenance-free motor
- Continual trimming
- Good for medium sized operations
- 3-blade setting
- Comes with 180-degree tilt table
- Not ideal for industrial use
- Manual cleaning
Industrial Bud Trimmer Reviews
Industrial bud trimmers machines are very ideal for a larger scale operations, usually for commercial purposes. These are good investment for your money. Each time you use this trimmer, your labor costs are reduced and processing time is increased.
The Triminator – Industrial Trimmer System
This industrial bud trimming system is ideal for large crops rigorously tested and made in America by Flora Hydroponics. . Unlike other bud trimmer machines, this comes with 2 years warranty and one of the top notch products in the market. The exclusive self-cleaning system comes with misting system in order to keep the container or drum clean. This monster drum is one of the largest drums in the world. Effective processing provide more room for large volumes of materials. An since the spray system takes away the time to disassemble the drum for cleaning automatically, production time is increased.
- One of the largest drums in the world
- Industrial power for large harvests
- Production is increased
- Production cost and time is decreased
- Quiet motor
- High quality machine
- Comes with an exclusive self-watering system
- Moveable wheels
- Pending patent application
- Price is too high
- Not ideal for small harvests
TrimIt Dry 5000 Dry Bud Trimmer
Weed growers on a large scale would not mind investing on this trimmer that is designed for bulk trimming. From the clean look exterior to the durable and heavy duty motor, it is not surprising that this monster machine in bud trimming does about 90% of dry trimming marijuana buds. That’s a staggering maximum load of about 4 lbs.
- Exterior is 100% made from durable stainless steel
- Corrosion resistant
- Resistant to high impact
- Low-friction surface
- Can be used outdoors
- Easy set up
- Safe while operating
- Designed with built-in 15 minutes shut-off timer
- Blade passed the USDA and FDA guidelines
- Extremely versatile with a total of 304 blades.
- Easy clean and adjust
- Powder-coated steel stand
- 8-point adjustable tilt
- Polymer blade
- Heavy weight
- Remove large stems by hand before use
Traditional Methods vs Bud Trimmer Machines: Which is the Better Choice
One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to the choice between the traditional vs machines in bud trimming. Only you can decide what method is right for your needs. However, machines are designed for a larger scale of operation and to make bud trimming faster without hurting or tiring your hands. Some of the most used tools in traditional bud trimming includes gloves, trimming clippers, trimming scissors, mesh rack, and cookie sheet. This method requires a lot of patience since it takes some time.
It can help you decide to think of certain scenarios, though, to make a final decision. As an example:
If you’re growing cannabis for recreational purposes and you only got around 5-10 plants, manual trimmers or small automatic cordless trimmers may be sufficient. But when you think about planting more plants and your first choice isn’t providing an efficient performance anymore, then you might want to change into a decent size automatic trimmer to accommodate your growing needs. Now, if you think about expanding and doing this growing weed to a full scale, then you might need to find the industrial type of bud trimmer machines specially designed for industrial / commercial purposes.
Kinds Of Trimming and Comparison
Other consideration you need to include in your decision making is what kind of bud trimming you do in your operation. Is it dry or wet trimming? It is debatable to say that dry trim is better than wet trim or vice versa and both has its own advantages and disadvantages. Again, your choice must be made after careful consideration of factors that may have a huge effect on your operation.
Wet trim can be somewhat messy especially when you do it by hand, unless, you use bud trimmer machines. However, you will get the trimming done in no time. Generally speaking, most growers think wet trim is better and time-saver. It also gives the weeds a better quality manicured look. They will sell like cookies all the time.
Dry trim is the more popular choice for people living in places where humidity is low or they have all the time on a rather slow process of drying. in the world and patiently wait over and let the weed dry first together with the still leaves attached. This may be a unconventional method but it works perfectly for those whose needs are met.
Bud Trimmer Reviews: The Verdict
Ultra-modern technology continuously change and improve machines to make life better and easier. If you’re still undecided which among the best among bud trimmer machines in the market, check these different bud trimmer reviews above. Go for manual, automatic, or industrial bud trimmer machines but be sure to consider the product’s quality, features, warranty, and your budget in your purchase. Keep in mind: the best machines for you are the right ones that let you run a smoother operation and help achieve your purpose after all factors are considered.